Blind Dog Radio

Deceitful Brownskin Blues by Blind Lemon Jefferson

Blind Lemon Jefferson - Deceitful Brownskin Blues (20065-2); Chicago c. October 1927, Pm 12551; G position pitched G#.

There's a brown 'cross town and she's taller than a sycamore tree.
I got a brown 'cross town, taller than a sycamore tree.
That's the gal who walks through the rain and snow, for to ease that thing on me.

Brownskin girl is 'ceitful, till she gets you all worn down.
Brownskin girl is 'ceitful, till she gets you all worn down.
She get all your pocket change, she's gonna drive you from her town.

Went home last night, found a note in my brownskin's door.
I went home last night, found a note in my brownskin's door.
"Daddy, Steady Roller has got your room, man, you can't live here no more."

I been worried and walkin', walked till my feet got soakin' wet,
I commence to walkin', walked till my feet got soakin' wet,
Tryin' to find good home, mama, man, I ain't found none yet.

Well the sun's gonna shine in my back door some day.
Well the sun's gonna shine in my back door some day.
I'll have one more drink, gonna drive these blues away.

Lord, it's heavy-hipped mama, and the meat shakes on the bone.
I say, heavy-hip shakin' mama and the meat shakes on the bone.
Every time it shakes, it's some fat mouth leave his home.