WELCOME TO BLIND DOG RADIO

The roots of the blues from Mississippi Delta, Memphis, Saint Louis, Chicago ... Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Little Walter, Willie Dixon, Koko Taylor, B.B. King, Robert Johnson, Elmore James, T-Bone Walker, John Lee Hooker, and more ...

I Ain't Gonna Turn Her Down by Jim Jackson

I Ain't Gonna Turn Her Down - Jim Jackson,
G position, standard tuning, unknown pianist.

Die, die-die, die, die, die-die, die, die, die-die, die, die, die (scat singing)

You say you're goin' away, why didn't you say
Just when you be back again
While you gone, I hope you will stay
'Cause I got me another girlfriend

I'm really wild about her, I'm simply crazy about her
And I ain't gonna turn her down
She ain't no black gal, she ain't no high yella
She's just a sweet little teasin' brown
I met her one night, she let me take her home
She did something, mama, that you never done
She made me crazy 'bout her, just plumb fool about her
And I ain't goin' to turn her down (Spoken: All right)

Say, I'm just as wild about her, I's simply crazy about her
And I ain't gonna turn her down
She ain't no black gal and she ain't no high yella
She's just a little sweet teasin' brown
I met her one night, she let me take her home
Then she did something, mama, that you never done
I'm crazy about her, just a plumb fool about her
And I ain't goin' to turn her down

She looked so sweet, and she's just so neat
I spoke to her, I asked her name
She smiled and said, "Ida", and then she said,
"I heard of your thing."

And I'm simply wild about her, simply crazy about her
I ain't goin' to turn her down
She ain't no black gal and she ain't no high yella
She's a sweet little teasin' brown
I met her one night, she let me take her home
Then she done something, mama, that you never done
She made me crazy about her, just a plumb fool about her
I ain't goin' to turn her down