Washboard Walter - Narrow Face Blues; Washboard Walter, vocals and washboard, John Byrd, twelve-string guitar in E position, standard tuning.
INTRO SOLO
You can talk about bird liver but narrow face is the meat I crave
You can talk about bird liver but narrow face is the meat I crave
You can take a narrow face and lead a preacher to his grave
You sisters'll do anything when he begins to preach and smile
You sisters will do anything when he begins to preach and smile
You'll bankrupt your husband, buying those narrow face pies
Lordy, Lordy, here's what I want you to do
Lordy, Lordy, here's what I want you to do
Please deliver me from those narrow face blues
Hey, hey-hey, listen to the brother moan
Hey, hey, hey-ey, listening to the brother moan
While the preacher and the sisters gnaw on those narrow face bones
You'll be surprised to know what the word of "narrow face" means
You'll be surprised to know what the word of "narrow face" means
But you see it ain't nothing, but a great big fat hen
Hey, hey, what you want me to do?
Hey, hey, what you want me to do?
Joint it with you and eat those narrow face blues
CODA


