Barrelhouse Buck McFarland - Lamp Post Blues; Barrelhouse Buck McFarland, vocals and piano in Ab, Peetie Wheatstraw, guitar in E position, standard tuning, unknown violinist.
INTRO SOLO
Stood und' the lamp post, baby, both night and day
Stood und' the lamp post, baby, both night and day
I was looking for my baby, Lordy, but she's gone away
I can't 'cuse my wife when I know I done wrong myself
I can't 'cuse my wife when I know I done wrong myself
How can my woman love me when I’m loving somebody else?
When she left me, I was standing in the doorway cryin'
When she left me, I was standing in the doorway cryin'
She's got a home, people, just as long as I’ll got mine (Spoken: Come on, Peter!)
SOLO
In the ocean, baby, after into the deep blue sea
In the ocean, baby, after into the deep blue sea
Since my good woman quit me, Lordy, what become of poor me
The lamp post, people, was my onliest friend
And the lamp post, people was my onliest friend
Lord, if I'm married, woman, baby, someday you'll understand


