Blind Dog Radio

Baba-Du-Lay Fever (G. I. Fever) by Mercy Dee

Mercy Dee - G. I. Fever; Mercy Dee Walton, vocals and piano in G.
NOTE: In the first line of verse three, Mercy Dee combines "Germans" and "soldiers" for "Goldiers".

INTRO SOLO

Now since my babe got G. I. fever and I just can't cool her down, she's just, "Boo-boo-boot-du-day, doe-do-ay, doe-do-ay"
My babe's got G. I. fever, and I just can't cool her down
Every time she see a brown-clad hero, and she breaks right down and clown

Now I can dress up in my finest, she don't even look my way, she's just, "Boo-boo-boot-du-lay, do-lay, doe-do-lay"
I can dress up in my finest, she don't even look my way
So I'm talkin' 'bout some handsome sergeant, that she saw downtown last day

SOLO

Now, says G. I. licked the Goldiers [sic], and they think we're doin' fine, but we just "Boo-boo-boo-du-lay, zoe-do-lay, doe-do-lay"
G.I. licked that Germans, and they think we're doin' fine
They don't know the trouble we're havin', tryin' to keep these browns in line

Now I'm says, I'm goin' down to the Draft Board, I'm gon' fall down on my knees, I'm going to, "Boo-boo-boot-du-lay, do-lay, doe-do-lay"
Going down to the Draft Board, and I'm gon' fall down on my knees
I'm gon' ask them to give me some position, in this man's army, please

CODA