Blind Dog Radio

Early In The Morning No. 2 by Walter Roland

Walter Roland - Early In The Morning No. 2; Walter Roland, vocals and piano in F.

INTRO SOLO

Says me and my good girl, we had a falling out, and I bet you mens can tell me what it's all about, we fell out
REFRAIN: Early in the morning, baby, 'bout the break of day
Then I turned over and hugged the pillow, where my baby used to lay

I says, "Go get your hat, baby, let's go in the woods. If you can't go now, please ma'am, tell me when you could." She say,
REFRAIN: "I go early in the morning, baby, 'bout the break of day."
Then I turned over and hugged the pillow, where my baby used to lay

SOLO

You know I got me a woman now, they call her Aunt Kate, I told her to come to my house tonight about half past eight. She said she'd be there
REFRAIN: Early in the morning, baby, 'bout the break of day
Then I turned over and hugged the pillow, where my baby used to lay

You know a girl get twelve years old, she thinks she's grown, you never can catch that kind of, girl at home, unless you go there
REFRAIN: Early in the morning, baby, 'bout the break of day
Then I turned over and hugged the pillow, where my baby used to lay

I'm gonna sing this verse now, ain't gon’ sing no more, I wanna see my good girl and I think I'll better go before it get
REFRAIN: Early in the morning, baby, 'bout the break of day
Then I turned over and hugged the pillow, where my baby used to lay