Blind Dog Radio

Telephone Arguin' Blues by Jaydee Short

Jaydee (J.D.) Short - Telephone Arguin' Blues; E position, standard tuning.

INTRO

There's so many people arguin' on the telegram
It's so many people arguin' on the telegram
It start to run through my head just like a stone in sand

Early this mornin', tried to get a news through
Early this mornin' tried to get a news over the line
Lord, I just want to talk to that teasin' faro of mine

"Hello, central, please give me five-oh-nine
Hello, central, please give me five-oh-nine
I just want to talk to that old-time gal of mine"

They arguin', arguin' everywhere
And they arguin', arguin' everywhere
I can't get no message over the phone nowhere I go

Mmm, baby, when can I speak with you?
Mmm, baby, when can I speak with you?
If you don't talk to me soon, baby, I don't know what I'm gonna do

I picked up the receiver, I could not hear a word
I picked up the receiver, I could not get no word
I want to talk to my home, from this sad news I heard

I'm gonna ask you a question, mama, answerin' you very soon
I'm askin' you a question, answerin' you very soon
And if all things true, man, I'm gonna leave on the light of the moon

Ain't seen my baby in six long months today
I ain't seen my baby, six long months today
Told the woman-love I used to have, Lord, see my babe someday