Blind Dog Radio

Rock Island Blues by Lewis Black

Lewis Black - Rock Island Blues; C position, standard tuning.

See the train ease up and down the track
Says, I won't be dead, just ain't comin' back

When you see that train, mama, come easin' up and down the line
When you see that train easin' up and down the line
Says, I'm bound to get a letter from that teasin' brown of mine

Well I'm goin' away, mama, won't be back 'til Fall
Says, I'm goin' away, mama, I won't be back 'til Fall
And if I get kind of lucky, won't be back at all

I'm gonna write a letter, mail it in the air
I'm gwonna write a letter, mail it in the air
I'm gwonna find that gal, she's in the world somewhere

Don't you see, mama, see what you done done
I said, oh see, mama, see what you done done
You done made me love you, now your man done come

Mmmmmmmmm ain't gonna be here long
I says, hmmmmmmmm, ain't gonna be here long
In a few more days, up the road I'm goin'

Said, I'm goin' away, woman, make you lonesome here
Said, I'm goin' away, make you lonesome here
Says, I'm goin' away, mama, make you lonesome here

Mmmmmmmm mmmhmmmhmmmhmmm
I said, mmmmmmmmm, what you got on your mind?
I said, mmmmmmm, mama, what you got on your mind?

I got a mind to ramble, mind to leave this town
I got a mind to ramble, mind to leave this town
I got a mind to ramble, mind for to leave this town

NOTE:
Lewis Black was a blues singer and guitarist, who recorded four titles for Columbia in Memphis, Tennessee, in 1927.