Blind Dog Radio

Married Life Blues by Gene Campbell

Gene Campbell - Married Life Blues; F position, standard tuning.

I remember when I used to live a happy married life
I remember when I used to live a happy married life
Back in those good old days, when I was livin' with my wife

But I would get drunk and stay out all night long
I'd get drunk and stay out all night long
But one day I sobered up, found my baby gone

Whiskey and women broke up my married life
Whiskey and women broke up my happy life
I would get drunk and never see my wife

Gin and gals has always been my downfall
Gin and gals have always been my downfall
They broke up my happy home, and was the cause of it all

You may think I'm foolin' you, baby, but I wouldn't lie
You may think I'm foolin' you, baby, but I wouldn't lie
If I mistreat you any more, baby, I hope to die

Friends, oh friends, if you want to live a happy married life
Friends, oh friends, if you wanta live a happy married life
Quit drinkin' and your women, and live true to your wife