Blind Dog Radio

Chattanooga Blues by Lester McFarland

Lester McFarland - Chattanooga Blues; E position, standard tuning.

Went up on Lookout Mountain, looked as far as I could see, tryin' to find the man that made a monkey out of me
I reached the depot in time to catch the Cannonball
I've got the blues for Chattanooga, I won't be back 'til late next Fall

Down in Chickamaugy, as far as I could go, the durndest bunch of soldiers that you ever saw
On the Tennessee River, down to the lock and dam
Lookin' for my good man, thinkin' he might be mud brown

Down in Chickamaugy, on East Main Street, I was watchin' everybody that I chanced to meet
At last I found my daddy, in his Tannery Flats
Dressed in a tailor-made suit and a brand new Stetson hat

"Daddy, sweet Daddy, I know you've quit me now, 'cause
I don't need no Daddy nohow.
Oh, trouble, trouble, is all I ever find.
I'm goin' away and try to wear you off my mind."

Down in Chattanooga, that's hospitality, the finest bunch of people in the state of Tennessee
I'm tired of roaming this way
I've got the blues for Chattanooga, I'm going back and stay some day