Blind Dog Radio

Delta Woman Blues by Tampa Red

Tampa Red - Delta Woman Blues; Tampa Red, vocals and piano, Willie B. James, guitar in E position, standard tuning.

I'm goin' back to the delta, that's where I belong
I'm goin' back to the delta, that's where I belong
If old bad luck and trouble don't keep me for too long

I'd rather be down in the delta than any place I know
I'd rather be down in the delta than any place I know
Because I don't feel happy no other place I go

My little woman in the delta sure was good to me
My little woman in the delta sure was good to me
Why, she was just as kind-hearted as one poor gal could be

I'm goin' back to the delta, fall down on my knees, gonna ask my delta woman, to forgive me if she please
I'm goin' back to the delta, woo, goin' to fall down on my knees
I'm gonna ask my delta woman to forgive me, if she please

I've tested all of my women,from here to Mexico, but my woman in the delta,she's the sweetest gal I know
I've tested all my women, woo, from here to Mexico
But my little woman in the delta, she's the sweetest gal I know