Blind Dog Radio

The Way I Feel by Lee Green (Pork Chops)

Lee Green - The Way I Feel; Green, piano and vocals, unknown guitarist, C position in standard tuning.

INTRO

Babe, you don't know the way I feel
Babe, you don't know the way I feel
You treat me just like, baby, my hear's made out of steel

My babe don't speak well of poor me no more
Lord, my baby don't speak well of poor me no more
I believe to my soul, she's got the man at the very next door

SOLO

I woke up this mornin', just as sick as I could be
I woke up this mornin', just as sick as I could be
Nothin' but the doggone blues, almost killin' poor me

Awww, baby, told my Mother and my dear Dad, too
Lord, I spoke hard words, baby, to my dear Mother and my Daddy, too
Which I wouldn't have not spoken them, Lord, if it had not been for you

Babe, since we have been apart, life don't seem the same
Lord, since we have been apart, life don't seem the same
Lord, it even though breaks my heart, hear some baby call my rider's name

NOTE: 
Leothus (Lee) "Porkchops" Green (piano, vocals), born in MS, c. 1900 - died in MS, c. 1945.
Blues man from around Vicksburg, Miss. Influenced by Little Brother Montgomery: "The first time I met Lee Green was in Sondheimer, Louisiana, in 1922. He played in Louise and Valley Park, Mississippi." Roosevelt Sykes: "I was on the jazz side before Lee taught me the blues. We travelled together for quite a few years - went for brothers èlaying in the same town for different people. I first met him in West Helena, Arkansas, in about 1925." Later operated out of St Louis. Recorded many sides between 1929 and 1937.
(from "Deep South Piano" by Karl Gert zur Heide)