Blind Dog Radio

Delta Blues by Big Joe Williams

Big Joe Williams - Delta Blues; Spanish tuning.

When I first started travelin' travelin'-huh, I taken the delta, man, to be my home
When I first started to travelin', I taken the delta, man, to be my home
Well, you know, my little woman, she's gone and left me, all I can do, hang my head and moan

You know, I left my little woman this mornin', man, standin' in the doorway, cryin' (Spoken: Yeah, yes!)
You know, I left my baby, this mornin', boys, standin' in the doorway, cryin'
She say, "You know you got a home, poor Joe, just as long as I got mine."

Lord, I'm goin' down to Greenville, boys, I'm gon' peep up on that Greyhound board
Yes, I'm goin' out in Greenville, boys, I'm gon' peep up on that Greyhound board
Lord, you say, "Your woman done been here, man, but she gone on down the road."

When I first started to travelin', travelin', I went a long, long, long ways from home
When I first started to travelin', I went a long, long way from home
Well, you know, my baby, she have left me, all I can do, hang my head and moan