Blind Dog Radio

Stack O'Lee Blues by Laura Dukes

Laura Dukes - Stack O'Lee Blues; Self-accompanied on ukulele.

I was standing by my window when I heard my bulldog bark
He was barking at two men who was gamblin' in the dark

It was Stack O'Lee and billy, two men who gamble late
Stack O'Lee threw seven and Billy swore that he threw eight

Stack O'Lee told Billy, "I don't let you go with that.
You have won all my money and my brand new Stetson hat."

Stack O'Lee went home and he got his .44
Says, "I'm goin' to the barroom just to pay that debt I owe."

SOLO

Stack O'Lee went to the barroom, stood across the barroom floor
He said, "Don't nobody move.", and he pulled his .44

"Stack O'Lee", cried Billy, "Oh, please don't take my life!
I've got three little chirren and a very sickly wife."

Stack O'Lee shot Billy, oh he shot that poor boy so bad
'Cause the bullet went through Billy and it broke the bartender's glass

Poor Stack O'Lee, poor Stack O'Lee, poor Stack O'Lee, poor Stack O'Lee
Poor Stack O'Lee, poor Stack O'Lee