Blind Dog Radio

Crow Jane Blues by Julius Daniels

Julius Daniels - Crow Jane; E position, standard tuning, with Wilbert Andrews, second guitar in E position, standard tuning.

Crow Jane, Crow Jane, don't you hold your head so high
You must remember, you got to lay down and die

Lord, when I leave here, won't you hang crepe on your door
No sir, not dead, and I won't come here no more

My Mama told me when I was six years old,
"Be a rounder, son, Lord bless your soul."

Lawd-Lawd, Lawd, Lawd-Lawd, Lawd, Lawd-Lawd, Lawd-Lawd
Lawd, Lawd, Lawd, Lawdy, Lawd
Lawd, Lawdy, Lawd

Which-a way, which-a way, do the blood Red River run?
Right from my window back to the rising sun

My baby left here, baby, you see what you done done
You done made me love you honey, now your man done come

Lawd-Lawd, Lawd, Lawd-Lawd, Lawd, Lawd-Lawd, Lawd-Lawd

I woke up this mornin', it was just about dawn of day
Found my good brown gone, oh Lord, I have to go away

Lawd, Lawd-Lawd, Lawd, Lawd-Lawd, Lawd, what have I done to you?
Lord, brown, what have I done to you"
I don't rob no train, sure did not-a kill no man

Lawd, Lawd-Lawd, Lawd-Lawd, Lawd, Lawd-Lawd, Lawdy, Lawd