Blind Dog Radio

Teasing Brown Blues by Sara Martin

Sara Martin, with Sylvester Weaver - Teasing Brown Blues; Sara Martin, vocals, Sylvester Weaver, guitar in E position, standard tuning.
NOTE: Sara Martin recorded this song as Sally Roberts.

Now, some people say that the worried blues, they ain't bad
Oh, some people say that the worried blues, they ain't bad
But it's the worst old feeling that I ever had

Said, I woke up this morning, blues all around my bed
I woke up this morning, blues all around my bed
I didn't tell no daddy to hold my nappy head

Now, the man I love, he wants a teasing brown
Oh, the man I love, he is a teasing brown
Strictly tailor-made and he ain't no hand-me-down

'Cause brownskin men are deceitful and yellow men are worse
Oh, brownskin men are deceitful and yellow men are worse
Gonna get me a black man, I'm play' safety first

Oh, girls, it's awfully hard, love another woman's man
Oh, girls, it's awfully hard to love another woman's man
You can't get him when you want him, got to catch him when you can