Blind Dog Radio

Rainy Day Blues by Yank Rachell

Yank Rachell - Rainy Day Blues; Yank Rachell, vocals and guitar in G position, standard tuning, Sonny Boy Williamson, harmonica, Alfred Elkins, bass cano, Washboard Sam, washboard.

INTRO

Mama, where was the sun? Where was the sun on a rainy day?
Mama, then I wonder, where was the sun? I wonder where was the sun on a rainy day?
Lord, then I wonder, where was my baby? Lord, my baby, she was so far away

Mama, and I gets up every morning, mama, I gets up every morning with the rising sun
Mama, and I gets up every morning, mama, and I gets up in the morning with the sun
Lord, said, because the woman I'm lovin', Lord, that woman sure have done me wrong

I been beggin' you, I been beggin' you, babe, I been beggin' you to please quit your ways
Lord, I been beggin' you, I been beggin' you, babe, I been beggin' you to please quit your ways
Lord knows, 'til the way you're getting' old now, I want you to please change your younger days

SOLO (Spoken: Now, take 'em on now, down to the bottom!)

Lord, you come on, do what I ask you, sweet thing, I declare you won't do wrong
Lord, you just come on, do what I ask you, Lord, sweet thing, you won't do wrong
Lord, but if you don't wanna do like I ask you, babe, I declare you won't last long