Blind Dog Radio

Leg Iron Blues by Curly Weaver

Curley Weaver - Leg Iron Blues; Curley Weaver, vocals and guitar in E position, standard tuning, probably Buddy Moss, guitar in Vestapol tuning with a slide.

INTRO SOLO

Six months ain't no sentence, twelve months ain't no great long time
Six months ain't no sentence, twelve months ain't no great long time
I be in the chain gang, but I did not make ninety-nine

Take these stripes off my shoulder, babe, chains from around my leg
Take these stripes from my shoulder, chains from around my leg
These stripes don't hurt me, but the chains 'bout to kill me dead

SOLO

Baby, you wouldn't've come to see me, honey, when I had so long
You wouldn't've come to see me, baby, when I had so long
Now I'm a free man again, honey, and right back home

When I met you, baby, your old skirts was full of holes
When I met you, baby, your old skirts was full of holes
Now you done got lucky, can't touch you with a ten-foot pole

CODA