Blind Dog Radio

Haunted Road Blues by Tom Ashley

Ashley and Foster - Haunted Road Blues; Clarence Ashley, vocals and guitar in C position, standard tuning, Gwen Foster, harmonica and guitar in C position, standard tuning.

HARMONICA SOLO

I'm wearied now, but I won't be wearied long
I'm wearied now, but I won't be wearied long
But the road is ha'nted, now, honey, down the road I'm goin'

HARMONICA SOLO

Went down to the graveyard, looked down in my good girl's face (Spoken: Lord, Lord)
Went down to the graveyard, looked a-down in my good girl's face
"I love you, honey, but I sure can't take your place."

HARMONICA SOLO

Now, when I die, good a-woman don't you wear no black
Oh, when I die, good a-woman don't you wear no black
For if you do, my ghost'll come a creepin' back

HARMONICA SOLO