Blind Dog Radio

Cool Water Blues by John Dudley

John Dudley - Cool Water Blues; E position, standard tuning.

Oh, and I asked her for water and she gave me gasoline
I asked her for water, gave me gasoline
And I asked her for water, and she gave me gasoline, Lord, Lordy Lord

Cryin' Lord, now, and I wonder will I, ever get back home? (Spoken: It's worryin' me some!)
Cryin', Lord, I wonder, will I ever get back home, Lord, Lordy Lord?

I asked the conductor, "Can I ride that blind?" (Spoken: I was broke.)
"Son, buy your ticket, buy your ticket, 'cause this train ain't none of mine.
Son, buy your ticket, train ain't none of mine.
Better buy your ticket, buy your ticket, 'cause the train ain't none of mine, Lord, Lordy Lord."

I'm gon' sing this verse, now, ain't gon' sing no more
Just to keep outa trouble, well now I better go, Lord, Lordy Lord