Blind Dog Radio

Sylvester And His Mule Blues by Memphis Minnie

Memphis Minnie - Sylvester And His Mule Blues; Memphis Minnie, vocals and guitar in D position, standard tuning, Dennis Segar, piano in D.

INTRO

Sylvester went out in his lot, he looked at his mule, and he decided he'd send the President some news
Sylvester went out in his lot, and he looked at his mule
And he decided he will send the President some news

Sylvester walked out across his field, begin to pray and moan, he cried, "Oh Lord, b’lieve I'm gonna lose my home."
Sylvester walked out across his farm, begin to pray and moan
He cried, "Oh Lord, I believe I will lose my home." (Spoken: Play it, Denny.)

SOLO

He thought about the President, he got on the wire, "If I lose my home, I believe I die." He thought about the President and he got on his wire
"If I lose my home, I believe I will die."
He called his President on the telephone, "I wanna talk to you, I’m ‘bout to lose my home."
He called the President on the telephone
"I wanna talk to you, I’m ‘bout to lose my home."

First time he called, he get him somebody else, "I don't want to talk to that man, I’ll speak to Mr. President Roosevelt."
First time he called, he get him someone else
"I don't want to talk to that man, I want to talk to Mr. Roosevelt."

He said, "Now, Sylvester, you can rest in ease. Catch that big black jackass, and go in by your field."
He said, "Sylvester you can rest in ease.
You catch that jackass, go raise all your cotton and seed."