Blind Dog Radio

God Didn't Make Me No Monkey Man by Eli Framer

Eli Framer - God Didn't Make Me No Monkey Man; Spanish tuning with slide.

Lordy, Lord, Lord, Lord
Lord, Lordy, Lord, Lord, Lordy, Lord, Lord, Lord
Aw, Lord, I seen her, Lordy, Lord, Lord, oh

Say I'm goin' to the depot, look up at the, mamlish sun, Lord,
Goin' to the depot, look up at the sun
Said, the train be gone, Lord, be some walkin' done

Say, I got up this mornin', with'n' her walkin' off from my door
Say, I got up this mornin', walkin' off from my door
Say, I had the blues so bad, Lord, know what in the world to do

Here, you, I'll tell you, rider, now, dago told the jew
Say, I'll tell you, baby, what the dago told the jew
Say, "If you don't want me, baby, cinch I don't want you."

Say, I got up this mornin' with the blues all 'round my bed
Hear, I got up this mornin' with the blues all 'round my bed
Say, I b'lieve to my soul, Lord, blues gonna kill me dead

Say, change in the ocean, baby, change in the deep blue sea
Hear, there's change in the ocean, change in the deep blue sea
Say you take me back, rider, I will find a change in me

Say, I ain't gonna stay here to be no stumblin' block
B'lieve I ain't gonna be here, be no stumblin' block
Say, I'll play your dough, babe, I swear I won't never stop

Say I'm gonna buy me a bulldog, Lord, Lord, now,
Buy a bulldog, high as I am tall
Say, if I go the depot, Lord, I swear my shadow fall