Blind Dog Radio

Flower Blues by Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly & His South Memphis Jug Band - Flower Blues; Jack Kelly, vocals and guitar in E position, standard tuning, Will Batts, fiddle, unknown second guitarist, G position in standard tuning.

INTRO

I'd rather see the flowers, growing on top of my baby's grave
I'd rather see the flowers, growing on top of my baby's grave
Than to see some other man smilin', smilin' in my baby's face

Here I am, here I am, settin' right chere with folded arms
Here I am, here I am, settin' right chere with folded arms
Well, it seem like all good times, for me, in this old world have gone

My Mother's dead and gone to Glory, my Papa's done th'owed me 'way
My Mother's dead and gone to Glory, Papa, he's done th'owed me 'way
But to have a low-down dirty heart, baby, to mistreat me this-a-way

ENSEMBLE SOLO

And you take me back, baby, I'll tell you just what I'll do
And if you take me back, baby, I'll tell you what I'll do
I will work hard and I'll slave, baby, I'll bring that money back home to you