Blind Dog Radio

Thunder In Germany by Joel Hopkins

Joel Hopkins - Thunder in Germany; A position, standard tuning.

Says, I was stud'in' in Germany, Red Cross on my arm
Says, I was stayin' in Germany, baby, with the Red Cross on my arm
I never heared nobody say, "Lord, son, I'll take you home."

You know, I'm motherless and fatherless, yes, I'm brotherless too
Yes, I'm motherless and fatherless, yes, I'm brotherless too
That's the reason I tried so hard, baby to make this trip with you

Got the blues so bad it hurt my feet to walk
Got the blues so bad, baby it hurts my feet to walk
And it settled on my brain, Lord God, hurts my tongue to talk

I got drunk last night, kicked the cover all on the floor
Got drunk last night, baby, cover all on the floor
If that ain't bad luck, Lord God, baby, I'd like to know

I'm gonna leave here walking, talkin' to myself
I'm gonna leave here walking, baby, talkin' to myself
I don't get the woman I'm looking for, don't want nobody else

I'm goin' to West Texas, jump down a prairie dog's hole
I'm goin' to West Texas, baby, jump down a prairie dog's hole
'Cause the East Tex women hate to see me go

Mmmmmmmmm, Lord have mercy on me
Hey hey, baby, Lord have mercy on me
Some of you brownskin women don't know what mercy means

SOLO

Yes, wished I was a catfish in the ol' sea
Says, I wished I was a catfish in the sea
Boy, these brownskin women be draftin' after me

Mmmmmmmmm, Lord have mercy on me
Hey hey, baby, Lord have mercy on me
Some of you brownskin women don't know what mercy means

SOLO

Got a brownskin woman, scared to call her name
Got a brownskin woman I'm scared to call her name
'Cause she's a married woman, love her just the same

Got a woman, lives up on the hill
Got a brownskin woman, she lives up on the hill
Said, that fool tried to quit me, man, I love her still

SOLO

One of these, ain't comin' back no more
Gonna leave this time, baby, ain't comin' back no more
Say, you know how you treated me when I was here before

Gonna take me and get me a rockin' chair
You gonna take me, baby, and get me a rockin' chair
That's, the blues overtake me, rock away from here