Blind Dog Radio

Bad And Weakhearted Blues by Big Joe Williams

Big Joe Williams - Bad And Weakhearted Blues; Big Joe Williams, vocals and guitar in Spanish tuning, Sonny Boy Williamson, harmonica, Ransom Knowling, bass, Judge Riley, drums.

INTRO

Lord, my heart gettin' awful weak, baby, mama, my eyes stayed full of tears
Yes, my heart gettin' weak now, baby, yes, my eyes stayed full of tears
Well, you know my little woman ain't gone but twenty-four hours, people, but it seem like a thousand years

If I ever mistreat you, little woman, God knows I didn't mean no harm
Yeah, I ever mistreat my little woman, God knows I didn't mean no harm
Well, you know Joe Williams ain't nothin' but a country boy, and raised 'way down on Mister Maceo's farm

HARMONICA SOLO (Spoken: Play it one time f' me, boy! Play it like I like my time)

Hello, stranger, you do sure remind me of my sister, Mattie Mae
Hello stranger, sure remind me of my sister, Mattie Lee Mae
Yes, you make me think of the days I was down in Mississippi, days me and my baby used to run and play

HARMONICA SOLO (Let's play it 'til I get back there, boys!)