Blind Dog Radio

Country Blues by Joe Callicott

Joe Callicott - Country Blues; C position, standard tuning.

Spoken: All right, I'm going away with it.

Well, I walked up in Tenessee
I walked all up in Tennessee
I didn't have nobody to say for me

I'm goin' to Missouro town
I'm goin', baby, to Missouro town
I'm goin' where they pay this money down

I'm a poor old boy and I's been treated mean
I'm a poor ol' boy, I been treated mean
Get my meals unregular and my house ain't never clean

Well I'm goin' to Missouri town
I'm goin', baby, to Missouri town

I love you, woman, I don't care where you go
I love you, baby, don't care where you go
I will never be one woman's dog no more

Mmm, something goin' on wrong
Mmm, baby, something goin' on wrong
Mmm, baby, something goin' on wrong

Ah, the dice throw five-two, I caught a point like nine
Ah, the dice threw five-two, caught a point like nine
Four-trey come a rollin', I couldn't help from cryin'

Honey, my faro fallin' on her face
My honey's a black gal, fallin' on her face
Gonna eat my breakfast in a brand new place

Wonder what's the matter, woman, seems I can't get no news
Say now what's the matter, baby, I can't get no news
Well, you leave me strandin' with the bullyin' old Gulfport Blues