Blind Dog Radio

Shanty Boat Blues by Jimmy Murphy

Jimmy Murphy - Shanty Boat Blues; Vestapol tuning.

INTRO

I wants to stand on the levee, feel that muddy water in my shoes (spoken: yeah)
I wants to stand on the levee, feel that muddy water in my shoes
I wants to let this old river wash away my blues (spoken: yes, yes)

SOLO (Spoken during solo: Pick it, boy! Pick that thing!)

I got a shanty on the river, and the door is open wide (spoken: yes)
I got a shanty on the river, and the door is open wide
I got a long tall mama, livin' on the other side (spoken: yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)

SOLO

She's got no money, no diamonds on her hand (spoken: Sing 'em, Jimmy! Sing them blues!)
She's got no money, no diamonds on her hand
She's just a shanty-boatin' mama, but she loves her shanty-boatin' man (spoken: yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, man)

SOLO (Spoken: Sounds pretty!)

Feelin' kind of lonesome with this muddy water in my shoes
Feelin' kind of lonesome with this muddy water in my shoes
That steamboat whistle makes a good man want to move (spoken: Yeah, I'm gone)

OUTRO