Blind Dog Radio

Old Time Blues by Carl Martin

Carl Martin - Old Time Blues, E position, standard tuning.

SOLO

You promised me that you would treat me right
Now you won't do nothin', honey, but fuss and fight

My Mama, she told me, when I left my home,
"Son, be a good boy and leave bad women 'lone."

Now my Mama, she's dead, Papa won't allow me home
I ain't got nobody, teach me right from wrong

SOLO

I was young and foolish, I was easy led
I been mistreated ever since, Mama, she's been dead

Sometimes it seems like the whole world is down on me
If I've been a bad boy, I did not intend to be

Tell me, pretty mama, who can your good man be?
You ain't got nobody, honey, won't you please take me?

I've got three women, yellow, black and brown
When I go to see one, tell the other two I'm out of town

SOLO

I want all you women to strictly understand
Every man you meet sure ain't no monkeyman

When I had money, friends from miles around
Now I done lost all my money, friends can't even be found

I'm gon' leave here walkin', comin' back 'til Fall
My, it's luck won't change I won't be back at all

SOLO

Tell me, pretty mama, who can your good man be?
You ain't got nobody, honey, won't you please take me?

I'm goin' to Florida, where I can have my fun
Set down in the green grass and look up at the sun

I'm weary now, but I won't be worried long
Takes a worried man to sing this weary song

SOLO