Blind Dog Radio

New Stock Yard Blues by Tim Wilkins

Robert Wilkins - New Stock Yard Blues; A position, standard tuning, Little Son Joe, second guitar, Kid Spoons, spoons.

Listen here, men, what I got to say, Monday 'nd Tuesday's auction day, said
Listen here, men, what I got to say
Monday and Tuesday's Mr. Owens' auction day

Get your money in your hand and don't be long, can't buy from a better man than Mr. Owens
Get your money in your hand and don't be long
Can't buy from a better man than Mr. Owens

He's the man that sells, he's the man that buys, I bet you my life he will treat you right
He's the man that sells, and he's the man that buys
I bet you my life that he will treat you right

When you wake up Monday morning with the Stock Yard Blues, come and talk to Mr. Owens about his good-looking mules
When you wake up Monday morning with those Stock Yard Blues
Come and talk to Mr. Owens about his good-looking mules

SPOKEN: [Wilkins] Come on, men. C'mon, buy these mules! Ah,
bid on that mare, don't it look good! [Little Son Joe] Yeah, I know it
do!

I know he's good, he's nice and kind, have a talk with him before you starts a-buyin'
I know he's good, I know he's nice and kind
Have a talk with him before you starts a-buyin'

The Union Stockyard's a good place to go, not for so much talk, but to spend your dough
The Union Stockyard is a good place to go
Not for so much talk, but to spend your dough

I want you to understand every word I say, Monday and Tuesday's auction day
I want you to understand every word I said
That Monday and Tuesday's Mr. Owens auction day

I want all of you men to meet me there, speak to Mr. Kelly, he's the auctioneer
I want all of you men to meet me there
And speak to Mr. Kelly, he's the auctioneer