Blind Dog Radio

Muddy Shoes Blues by Jewell Long

Jewell Long - Muddy Shoes Blues; G position, standard tuning.

My baby, she went away, my baby, she left me a mule to ride
My baby, she went away, she didn't leave me nothin' but a mule to ride
Soon as that train pulled off, that old mule laid down and died

My baby, I'm goin' away, baby, I won't be back until Fall
I'm goin' away, I won't be back until Fall
If you don't treat me no better, baby, daddy sure won't be back at all

Now, do it a long time, baby, short time make me mad
Do it a long time, baby, short time sure make me mad
'Cause you're the sweetest little baby that your daddy ever had

Baby, baby, do you think that's right?
Baby, why don't you tell me, baby, you know that ain't right
You done left me here waitin', baby, you've been gone all night

Baby, why don't you tell me, whose dirty muddy shoes are these?
You better hurry up and tell me, baby, whose dirty muddy shoes are these?
Layin' up here in the corner, where your good man's oughta be

I ain't got me, I ain't got me no more baby now
I ain't got me, I ain't got me no baby now
She was a dirty mistreater, she didn't mean me no good nohow

So baby, here your ticket, yonder stands your train
Baby, here is your ticket, yonder stand your train
I'm goin' back to my woman, you better go back to your man