Blind Dog Radio

Frankie And Albert by Jewell Long

Jewell Long - Frankie and Albert; C position, standard tuning.

Frankie was a good woman, everybody knows
Frankie paid forty dollars just to buy Albert a suit of clothes
Because he was her man, he been doin' her wrong

And then Frankie goes to a saloon, she asks for a bottle of beer
Frankie asks the bartender, "Is my lovin' Albert been here?
He's my man." "He's been doin' you wrong."

Then the bartender told Frankie, "Woman, I ain't gon' tell you no lies.
Your man Albert just left here with a woman named Alice Prye.
That's your man, he's doin' you wrong."

And then Frankie she goes home, Frankie didn't go for fun
Because underneath her gingham apron was concealed of a .41
She gonna kill her man, he'd been doin' her wrong

And then Frankie go down to Albert's house, she find Albert in Alice's bed
Frankie picked up an Allen lamp and she throwed it at Albert's head
She said, "You my man, you doin' me wrong."

And then Frankie shot at Albert, Albert attempt to run
She said, "Come back, man, the woman you love gonna shoot this .41.
'Cause you my man, you been doin' me wrong."

And then Frankie shot old Albert, stumbled to his knees
He said, "You come and get a policeman, don't you let this woman kill me.
I'm her man, I been doin' her wrong."

Then old Frankie, she was arrested, taken to a county jail
They couldn't get nobody, go poor Frankie's bail
She killed her man, because he done her wrong

And then Frankie, she goes home, hollerin' whoopin' and cryin'
Cryin', Oh, Miss Johnson, you know my man Albert's dyin'.
He's my man, he been doin' me wrong."

And the judge then tried Frankie, just as the trial begun
She said, "You listen here, Mr. Judge, this the crime that I done done,
I just kill my man, because he's done me wrong."

Then the judge then tried Frankie, settin' under electric fan
He said, "You get up and you go ahead, woman, you can kill you another man,
And if they do you wrong, As if they do you wrong."

And then Frankie goes to the graveyard, she had the sheriff right by her side
Frankie pulled back the curtain, she fell on her knees and she cried,
"You my man, you been doin' me wrong."

And Miss Johnson then told Frankie, "I ain't gon' forgive you, not.
You done killed my son Albert, he was the only support I got.
He was my son, my only one."

"Now it's bottle, Newport Wine, bottle of Holland Gin
Yond' stand old Frankie, book her, gettin' drunk again,
She done killed her man, she gonna kill her another'n

SPOKEN: How's the end of that?