Blind Dog Radio

Chock House Blues by Blind Lemon Jefferson

Blind Lemon Jefferson - Chock House Blues (2558-2); Chicago c. May 1926, Pm 12373; C position and pitch.

So many wagons, it have cut that good road down.
I said. so many wagons have cut that good road down.
And the girl I love, her mama don't want me around.

Baby, I can't drink whiskey, but I'm a fool 'bout my homemade wine.
Baby, I can't drink whiskey, but I'm a fool 'bout my homemade wine.
Ain't no sense in leavin' Dallas, they makes it there all the time.

These here women wants these men to act like some ox from dawn.
I say these women wants these men to act like some ox from dawn.
Grab a pick and shovel and roll from sun to sun.

I got a girl for Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday and Friday too.
I got a girl for Monday and Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and Friday too.
I'm gonna sweeten up on a Saturday, what the womens through the week goin' to do.

Don't look for me on Sunday, I wanna take pigmeat to Sunday school.
Don't look for me on Sunday, I wanna take pigmeat to Sunday school.
She's a fine-looking fair brown, but she ain't never learned Lemon's rule.