Blind Dog Radio

Red River Blues by James Henry Diggs

James Henry Diggs - Red River Blues; E position, standard tuning.

SOLO

Which-a way, which-a way do that blood Red River run?
Umm, right through my door, face to the risin' sun

I'd rather drink muddy water and sleep in a hollow log
Let the doggone people treat me like a low-down dog

Well, I'm goin' where the water, and it tastes like cherry wine
'Cause the run old water taste like turpentine

I said, "Mamie, Lord, Mamie, tell me what is on your mind."
"Well, all of these men, ain't none of them is mine." (Spoken: Oh, Mamie!)

SOLO

NOTES:
Here are the lyrics to "Red River Blues", as performed by James Henry "Crip" Diggs. Despite having done the whole song as an 8-bar blues, Diggs switches to a 16-bar form for his final solo.  He was recorded in Roanoke, Virginia in 1963.

Alternative Title: Which Way Does That Blood Red River Run. "Crip" James Diggs plays guitar and sings a blues song. The recording session takes place in the home of "No Legs" Sam Fincher. Recorded by Ken Davidson & Bill Hale (11/22/1963).