Blind Dog Radio

Poor Boy Long Way From Home by James Henry Diggs

James Henry Diggs - Poor Boy Long Way From Home; E position, standard tuning.

INTRO SOLO

Poor boy, long way from home
Oh Lord, and I'm a poor child, long way from home
Lord, I'm a poor child, long way from home
Have no place to stay, no place to roam

I'm goin', I'm goin' cryin' won't make me stay
Oh Lord, I'm a-goin', I'm goin', cryin' won't make me stay
I'm goin', I'm goin' your cryin' won't make me stay
For the more you cry, further you drive me 'way

SOLO

I said, take me, baby, try me one more time
Oh Lord, take me, mama, try me one more time
I said, take me, baby, try me one more time
And if I don't suit you, bust my backbone, trying'

I got a ship on the ocean, goin' 'round and 'round
Lord, I got a ship on the ocean, goin' 'round and 'round
I got a ship on the ocean, going 'round and 'round
Before the gal of mine leave me, I'd jump overboard and drown

SOLO

I said, take me, baby, put me in your big brass bed
Oh Lord, take me, mama, put me in your big brass bed
I said, take me, baby, put me in your big brass bed
Let me lay there, baby, 'til my face turn cherry red

NOTE:
James Henry Diggs was country blues singer and guitarist, who was recorded by the Library of Congress while an inmate at State Penitentiary in Richmond, Virginia, in 1936.