Blind Dog Radio

Longest Train I Ever Saw by Jesse Wadley (with Jesse Wadley, John Wadley, Will Jones, and Felix Davenport)

Jesse Wadley - Longest Train I Ever Saw; A capella quartet, with Jesse Wadley, John Wadley, Will Jones, and Felix Davenport.
NOTE: The quartet punctuates the rendition with a rhythmic, guttural "huh-uh".

The long-huh-uh-est train, ah buddy that I ev-, buddy, that I ever seen, huh-uh
The long-Lord Lord-est train, ah buddy, that I ev-, buddy, that I ever seen, huh-uh
The long-, uh Lord, Lord-est train, ah buddy, that I ev', buddy that I ever have seen, huh-uh
It was 'round, 'round Joe Brown's, 'round Joe Brown's coal mine, huh-uh

The train, Lord, Lord, come by, ah buddy, 'bout half, buddy, 'bout half past nine, huh-uh
The train, Lord, Lord, come by, oh buddy, 'bout half, buddy, 'bout a half past nine, huh-uh
The train, Lord, Lord, come by, huh-uh, about half, buddy, 'bout a half past nine, huh-uh
And never, never come by, never come by again, huh-uh

The prettiest, Lord, Lord, little girl, huh-uh, oh buddy, that I ev-, buddy, that I ever did see, huh-uh
The prettiest, Lord, Lord, prettiest little girl, huh-uh, buddy, that I ever, buddy, that I ever seen,huh-uh
The prettiest, Lord, Lord, prettiest little girl, oh buddy, that I ever, buddy, that I ever did seen, huh-uh
Was 'round, 'round Joe Brown's, 'round Joe Brown's coal mine, huh-uh

Her eyes, eyes was blue, huh oh buddy, and here cheeks, buddy, and here cheeks was brown, huh-uh
Her eyes, eyes was blue, huh-uh oh buddy, buddy, and her cheeks was brown, huh-uh
Her eyes, eyes, Lord, was blue, huh oh buddy, and her cheeks, buddy, and her cheeks was brown, huh-uh
And her hair, hair hung down, honey, hung way down, huh-uh

The train, Lord, Lordy, had a wreck, huh-uh, oh buddy, at four, four-mile hill, huh-uh
The train, train, Lordy, had a wreck, huh-uh, buddy, at four, buddy, at four-mile hill, huh-uh
The train, Lord, Lordy, had a wreck, huh-uh oh buddy, at the four, buddy, at the four-mile hill, huh-uh
And killed, killed Evalin-, killed Evalina dead, huh-uh

Her head, Lord, Lordy, was found, huh-uh, oh buddy, it was found, buddy, in the drivin' wheel, huh-uh
Her head, head, Lord, was found, huh-uh, buddy, in the drive, buddy, in the drivin' wheel, huh-uh
Her head, buddy, and her head was found, huh-uh, buddy, in the drive, buddy, in the drivin' wheel, huh-uh
Her body, body, it never, body never been seen, huh-uh