Blind Dog Radio

Railroadin' Some by Henry Thomas

Henry Thomas - Railroadin' Some; Henry Thomas, vocals, quills and guitar in G and D positions, standard tuning.
NOTE: Passages where Henry Thomas inserts quills melodies into his narration are indicated in parentheses.

INSTRUMENTAL INTRO

Now we leave Ft. Worth, Texas, then go to Texarkana, and it doubles back to Ft. Worth, come on down to Dallas, change cars, Katy, comin' through the Territory to Kansas City, and from Kansas City to St. Louis, and from St. Louis, Chicago, I'm on my way but I don't know where. (quills) Change cars! On the TP, leavin' Ft. Worth, Texas, going through Dallas, hello, Terrell, Grand Saline, Silver Lake, Mineola, Tyler, and Longview, Jefferson, Marshall, Little Sandy, Big Sandy, Texarkana, and it doubles back to Ft. Worth.(quills) Change cars! On the Katy, leavin' Dallas, Texas, comin' through Rockwall, hello, Greenville, Celeste, Denison, South McAlester, Territory, Muskogee, ol' Wagoner, Parson, Kansas, Kansas City, Sedalia, then I change cars, and jump in St. Louis. (quills) Hello, Springfield, I'm on my way, Chicago! (quills) Bloomington (quills) Joliet, get on a high-ball, pass on through. I high-ball on through, sir. (quills) Grand Crossing, (quills) Thirty-First Street Depot, (quills) Polk Street Depot, (quills) Chicago! (quills, modulation to D position)