Blind Dog Radio

Can't See, Baby by Jack Owens

Jack Owens - Can't See, Baby; Jack Owens, vocals and guitar in cross-note tuning at E, Bud Spires, harmonica.

INTRO SOLO

I can't see, baby, Lord, t' save my life
Lord, I can't see, baby, Lord, to save my life
Why we can't get along, baby, just like man and wife
Lord, like man and wife, like man and wife

Lord, I love my baby, tell the world I do
Lord, I love my baby, tell the world I do
Sometime I b'lieve I, might can love me, too

Take me, baby, well I, won't be bad no more
Take me, baby, well I, won't be bad no more
Lord, then maybe there, try me one more time

I don't want no woman, let me stay all night (Spoken: Say that again, boy)
I don't want no woman, let me stay all night
'Cause I'd rather want a woman, treat old poor Jack right

Wish to good Lord, baby, Lord, have a good mind to love
Wish to good Lord, baby, like I could learn to love
Give myself to the devil, and my soul to the good Lord above
I'd give myself to the devil, baby, and my soul to the good Lord above

I don't want no woman, says she don't want me (Spoken: What was that?)
I don't want no woman, says she don't want me
Well, a thousand years, baby, well it, well that woman'll never be