Blind Dog Radio

Back To Chicago by Johnny Young

Johnny Young - Back To Chicago; John Young, vocals and guitar in E position, standard tuning, Jimmy Walker, piano in F# (probably played in G).

INTRO

Everytime I hear a whistle blow, I see smoke coming from a railroad train, yeah
Everytime I hear a whistle blow, baby, I see smoke coming from a railroad train
My mind get to wondering’, I'd like to go back to Chicago again

Chicago, Chicago, is the greatest place on Earth
Chicago, Chicago, oh ‘bout the greatest place on Earth
Why Johnny Young would know, people, I have travelled so many place worse

PIANO/GUITAR SOLO

The whistle blow, as my baby got on board
The whistle blowed this mornin’, when my baby got on board
I was standin’ there on the ground, beggin’, "Baby, please don’t go."

GUITAR SOLO

I was standin’ there beggin’, oh yes, "Baby, please don’t go."

When the train hit California, my oh my, well, I was so glad
When the train California, my oh my, was really glad
I had done lost the bad feelin,’ boy, you sittin' ‘round, you’ll know what I had

Mmm, mmm, the bad feelin’ I had
Mmm, the bad, bad feelin’ I had
Come back to me, darlin’, please make me feel so glad