Blind Dog Radio

Saturday Night Spender Blues by Blind Lemon Jefferson

Blind Lemon Jefferson - Saturday Night Spender Blues (21201-2); Chicago c. March 1929, Pm 12771, E position pitched E flat.

Every Saturday, works and I draws my pay,
Every Saturday, mama, go to work and I draw my pay,
But soon as night come, I goes out for a spendin' fling.

I have five, six and seven women, and a whole lots of corn,
Five, six and seven women, and a whole lots of corn,
Then we go out and break 'em down, honey till early morn.

I don't invite no men friends, for I'm afraid they might cramp my style.
I don't invite no men, for I'm afraid they might cramp my style.
I just likes me to have plenty of women, but man I likes them wild.

All through the week, I works hard and I really save,
All through every week, I works hard and I really save,
So that on a Saturday night, I can get all the lovin' I crave.

Now I can't have the good time like I once have had.
And now I can't have good times like I once have had.
My regular found out I was Saturday night spender, and it sure did make her mad.