Blind Dog Radio

Married Woman Blues by George Torey

George Torey - Married Woman Blues; E position, standard tuning.

INTRO

Ever been mistreated, then you know how mistreated feel
Like a broke-down engine, ain't got no driver wheel

You can always tell when your brown want to throw you down
She's always got business on the other side of town

Well, I started once to write, but I b'lieve I'll go myself
'Cause a letter too slow, then a telegram may get left

You can always tell when your woman wants to throw you down
She's always got business on the other side of town

She wake up soon every mornin', big white rag all around her head
Every time you speak to her, she'll swear she's nearly dead

You ever been down, then you know just howr I feel
I feel like I ain't got no business here, somewhere on the sea

It's mighty hard to be some married woman's man
Can't see her when you want to, gotta catch her just when you can

If you love a married woman, you're gonna always have the blues
Every time you want to see her, her husband want to see her, too

Say, now run here, run here, baby, set down on your daddy's knee
'Cause I done got drunk and I'm blue as a poor man can be

Say, well I went to the window and I looked down on the ground
And my heart struck sorrow and the tears come easin' down

OUTRO