Blind Dog Radio

Lonesome Man Blues by George Torey

George Torey - Lonesome Man Blues; EAEGBE tuning.

INTRO

Baby, how long, baby, how long, gon' be 'fore you bring your clothes back home?
Said, well, it won't be no longer if you quit doin' me wrong

Hey, red cap porter, did my best woman ever get on board?
Said, I don't know those clothes she's had on

Just as sure as a bluebird flies in the skies above
Sayin', your life's ain't no pleasure lest you're with the one you love

SOLO

Sayin' if I just had wings, then I'd fly just like Norah's dove
Then I would h'ist my wings and fly and light on that woman I love

Well, I went up on a mountain, taken a peep in that old deep blue sea
I's tryin' to find that woman put them jinx on me

Baby, now hey, how long, baby, you gonna still do me wrong
Baby, how long is you's gon' treat me wrong

Say, when I woked up this mornin', just about the dawn of day
Some man had my woman and the worried blues had me

NOTE:
George Torey was a Country blues singer and guitarist, who recorded three titles (one of which remain unissued) for ARC in Birmingham, Alabama, 1937.