Blind Dog Radio

Touch Me Light, Mama by George "Bullet" Williams

George "Bullet" Williams - Touch Me Light, Mama; harmonica, with unknown singer.
NOTE: The singer delivers the spoken exhortations too, pronouncing "touch", "tetch".

Touch me light, pretty mama, this may be your last
Hey, hey, this may be your last
Touch me light, pretty mama, this may be your last (Spoken: Touch 'em, kid, touch 'em!)

Hey, went to the Nation, from there to the territo'
Couldn't find, my good gal, honey, nowhere I go (Spoken: Touch 'em again!)

Woke up this morning, woke the day before
Woke up this morning with the same thing on my mind (Spoken: Touch 'em now!)

I b'lieve to my soul, mama, got to leave your town
I ain't got no pretty mama, talk baby talk to me (Spoken: Touch 'em, boy, touch 'em!)

Ahh, ahh, talk baby talk to me
Ain't got no pretty mama, talk baby talk to me

I went to the Nation, from there to the territo'
I couldn't find my good gal, honey, nowhere I go (Spoken: Touch 'em, touch 'em!)

Honey, I b'lieve to my soul, got to leave your town
Got to leave your town (Spoken: Touch 'em, touch 'em now!)

Goin' to town, mama, talk with the Chief of Police
Tell 'im my good gal done quit me, sure can't see no peace

* * *
NOTE:
George "Bullet" Williams was a blues harmonica player, who recorded for Paramount in 1928.
b. in Alabama, reportedly Millport, Lamar County, or Selma, Dallas County, about 1890. [Bogaert 1972: b. 1892 in Selma, Dallas County, Alabama] 
He was around Brazil, Tallahatchie County, MS, in 1930.
d. after 1930, reportedly at Whitfield State Insane Asylum (later, Mississippi State Hospital) in Whitfield, Rankin County, MS. [Bogaert 1972: d. 1945 in Birmingham, Alabama]