Blind Dog Radio

Stack-O-Lee by Fruit Jar Guzzlers (Stevens & Bolar)

Fruit Jar Guzzlers - Stack-O-Lee; banjo, C position in gCGBD tuning, guitar in C position, standard tuning.

BANJO SOLO

Oh, Stack-O-Lee went out, town, with a .44 in his hand
Lookin' all around for old Billy Lyons, killed wherever he can
All about, that broad-brimmed Stetson hat

So Stack-O-Lee entered the barroom, and he ordered just some beer
Looked around at Billy Lyons face, said, "What are you doin' here?"
This Stack-O-Lee, that bad man Stack-O-Lee

BANJO SOLO

"Stack-O-Lee", said, "Stack-O-Lee, oh please don't take my life.
Half a dozen little childern, sweet a-little lovin' wife,
I'm a-lookin' for my honey on the next train."

"God bless your childern, I'll take care of your wife.
You stole my John B. Stetson hat, I'm bound to take your life,
It's all about that broad-brimmed Stetson hat."

BANJO SOLO

Shot Bill Lyons, and he shot him right through the head
Took one loving shot to kill that poor boy dead
He's a bad man, oh bad man Stack-O-Lee

Here come the High Sheriff, getting along very slow
"Look-a-here, boys, can you tell me, just where'd Stack-O-Lee go?
He's a bad man, but he ought to be in jail."

BANJO SOLO

One little boy walked up, said, "Sheriff, he went down the road.
Great God, in his right hand, a great big .44,
He's a bad man, for God's sake, let him go!"

Billy Lyons said, "Mother, pray God, don't weep nor cry."
Old Billy Lyons said, "Mother, I'm bound to die,
All about that broad-brimmed Stetson hat."

BANJO SOLO

Stack-O-Lee said, "Judge, have a little pity on me.
One old gray-haired mother dear, she's left to weep for me."
All about that John B. Stetson hat

That Judge said, "Stack-O-Lee, gonna have a little pity on you.
Give you twenty-five years in that penitentiary."
All about, John B. Stetson hat

BANJO SOLO