Blind Dog Radio

'Lectric Chair Blues by Blind Lemon Jefferson

Blind Lemon Jefferson - 'Lectric Chair Blues (20364-2); Chicago c. February 1928, Pm 12608, E position and pitch.

"I wanna shake hands with my partner and ask him how come he's here.
I wanna shake hands with my partner and ask him how come he's here."
"I had a wreck with my family, they're gonna send me to the electro chair."

I wonder why they electrocute a man at the one o'clock hour at night.
I wonder why they electrocute a man at the one o'clock hour of night.
Because the current is much stronger, when the folks has turned out all their lights.

I sat in the electrocutin' room, my arms folded up and cryin'.
I sat in the electrocutin' room with my arms folded up and cryin'.
And my baby asked the question, "Was they gonna electrocute that man of mine?"

"Run and get me a taxi to take me away from here.
Run and get me a taxi to take me away from here.
I didn't have but one friend in this world, fixin' to be murdered in a 'lectric chair."

"I've seen wrecks on the ocean, I've seen wrecks on the deep blue sea.
I've seen wrecks on the ocean and wrecks on the deep blue sea.
But none like that wreck in my heart when they brought my electrocuted daddy to me".