Blind Dog Radio

Hattie Green by Mance Lipscomb

Mance Lipscomb - Hattie Green; Mance Lipscomb, vocals and guitar in A position in dropped-D tuning.

INTRO SOLO

I'm goin', up North, gonna stop by Abilene
I'll be on my way, lookin' for, little Hattie Green

Hattie Green, Hattie Green, how come you treat me so mean?
You the meanest woman, girl, I ever seen

You can shake it, you can break it, throw it out the window, catch it 'fore it falls
Let me have what sticks, you can have what falls

SOLO

This time, tomorrow, wonder where on earth will I be?
Somewhere walkin' up and down, that old Santa Fe

SOLO

Hattie Green, is a woman, is a woman I really love
She don't stay here, but somewhere up above

SOLO

I hate, to see, that evenin' sun go down
'Cause I can't see, Hattie nowhere around

SOLO X 2

I love, little Hattie, I just can't help myself
I don't get Hattie, I don't want nobody else

SOLO X 2