Blind Dog Radio

Deep Blue Sea Blues by Tommy McClennan

Tommy McClennan - Deep Blue Sea Blues; E position, standard tuning.
NOTE: Dashes indicate places where the guitar was used to finish the vocal line.

SPOKEN: I wants to make this right now. It's the best one I got.

I'm gwine, babe, I'm gwine, and your cryin' won't make me stay
'Cause the more you cry, now now, babe,
Further you drive me away
Further you drive me away
I mean, drive me away
Further you drive me away

Now I wished I was a bullfrog swimmin' in the deep blue sea
Lord, I would have all these good-lookin' women, now now now
Fishin after me
Fishin' after --
I mean, after --
Sho' 'nough, after me

Now I went to my baby's house, and I sot down on her steps
She said, "Walk on in, now now, Tommy,
My husband just now left
My husband just now ----
I mean, just now ----
Sho' 'nough, just now left
Oh Lord, just now left
Lord, just now left

Now, ain't none of, none of my business, babe, but you know I know it ain't right
Stay with your kidman all day long and
Play sick on your husband at night
On your husband at night
I mean, your husband at night
Sho' 'nough, your husband at night
Oh Lord, your husband -- -----
Oh Lord, your husband at -----
Oh Lord, your husband at night

SOLO (Spoken during solo: Long time, man!)

Now Lord, whoa, Lord, hear me blow the blues
Now I ain't got no bottom, now now now
In my last pair of shoes
In my last pair of sh'
In my last pair -- -----