Blind Dog Radio

New Root Man Blues by Georgia Slim

Georgia Slim - New Root Man Blues; A position, standard tuning.

SOLO

Well, I'll tell you people, got another root man in town
Hoo well, got another root man's in town
Well, well, they don't be careful, hoo-well-well, they take your wife and leave town

He's a root man, and he's 'round every night
Hoo-well-well, he's 'round every night
Well, well, he's around, hoo-well-well, for another man's wife

SOLO (Spoken: Hey, you gotta be careful with that root man 'cause he done took my wife. Love a root man.

Well, I'll tell you mens, all of them crazy as that root man's in town
Hoo-well, they crazy as a root man in town
Well, well, they go 'round a-screamin', hoo-well-well, "This root man is in town."

Well, I'm goin' out, I'm goin' 'round just in town
Hoo-well, I'm goin' 'round in town
Just because I'm in love, hoo-well-well, that root man is 'bout to knock me out of town

Well, he's a careful man, and he don't care about what he do
Hoo-well, He don't care about what he do
Well, well, he take your woman, hoo-well-well, they leave town, too

Well, I ain't singin' no more just because I'm goin' out of town
Hoo-well, you know that I'm goin' out of town
Well, that root man done done damage, hoo-well-well, now your love can't be found

NOTES:
Born George Bedford was blues singer and guitarist, who recorded eight tracks (two of which was never released) for ARC in Birmingham, Alabama, in 1937.
Heavily influenced by Peetie Wheatstraw.

"Brownie McGhee has stated that this artist's real name was George Bedford." (Blues and gospel records 1890-1943 (1997), p. 296)