Blind Dog Radio

Mamie by Blind Boy Fuller

Blind Boy Fuller - Mamie, Take 2; A position, standard tuning.

Early one morning, mama, just 'bout the break of day
I said it was early one morning, mama, just 'bout the break of day
Come along a dirty man, try to stray little old Mame away

You know that curbstone was my pillow, cold street was my bed
He-ey hey, cold street was my bed
Say, you know I didn't have little Mamie just to hold my worried head

Said, so many mornings I woke up, baby, pillow wringing wet with tears
I said, hey hey, pillow wringing wet with tears
Said, I'd give a thousand dollars just to find out where my baby is (Spoken: Yes I think I heard Mamie calling)

Whoa Mamie, whoa Mamie, Maa-mie, whoa Mamie, Mamie
Please come back to me mama, I'm blue, Lord, as I can be

Said, I believe I heard my woman call my name
Yes, I believe I hear my woman call my name
She didn't call so loud, baby, but she call so nice and plain

SOLO (Spoken during solo: Call it now, baby. Yeah, call it, honey.)