Blind Dog Radio

I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow by Emry Arthur

Emry Arthur - Man of Constant Sorrow; guitar in G position, standard tuning, Henry Arthur, banjo.

I am a man of constant sorrow
I have seen trouble all my dears
I bid farewell to old Kentucky
The place where I was borned and raised

Oh, for six long years I've been in trouble
My pleasure here on Earth is done
For, in this world I have to ramble
I have no friends to help me now

Oh, fare you well, my own true lover
I fear I'll nelver see you again
For I am bound to ride the Northern Railroad
Perhaps I'll die upon the train

Oh, you can bury me in some deep valley
For many years, there I may lay
And while you're dreaming, while you're slumbering
While I am sleeping in the clay

Oh, it's fare you well, to my native country
The place where I have loved so well
For I have had all kinds of trouble
In this vain world no tongue can tell

But friends, although I may be a stranger
My face you may nelver see no more
But there's one promise that's been given,
Where we can meet on that beautiful shore