Blind Dog Radio

Give Me Central 209 by Lightnin' Hopkins

Lightnin' Hopkins - Give Me 209 (Hello Central); Lightnin' Hopkins, vocals and guitar in E position, standard tuning, Donald Cook, bass.

INTRO

Hello Central, please give me 209
Hello, hello Central, will you please give me 209
Yes, you know I want to talk to my baby, oh Lord, and she's way down the line

Seem like the buses done stopped runnin', and the trains don't 'low me to ride no more
Seem like the buses done stopped runnin', trains don't 'low me to ride no more
Ticket agent said my ticket played out, he'll see that I don't ride, for sure

SOLO

I turned around from the telephone, went walkin' straight back home
Mmmm-mmm, turned around from the telephone, I went walkin' straight back home
I was praying in my heart, askin' Jesus, "Oh Lord, now, what wrong have I done?"

OUTRO